We know that right now, communication is key. We also know that you need to be able to work where it makes the most sense for you, so mobility is a must. The latest milestone in our mission to help you communicate more effectively is the next-generation mobile softphone app for FreePBX and PBXact. It’s called Sangoma Connect Mobile, and it is now available to download!
Sangoma Connect Mobile provides rich voice and video calling for PBXact and FreePBX, on iOS and Android devices. We’ve made the onboarding experience very simple for system administrators to provision, and for users to install:
- Administrators: enable Connect users via the User Manager within the PBXact or FreePBX admin interface. That automatically sends an invitation email message to each user.
- Users: open their invitation email and follow simple instructions to download the app from the app store, then click a ‘magic log-in link’ in the email to immediately configure – no need for details like hostnames, extension numbers, or passwords.
Sangoma Meet Sangoma Meet enables anyone to start a video conference of up to 50 video participants and up to 25 video thumbnails at once, on any device they want. Collaborate with co-workers on projects, keep in touch with your whole family, share some face-time with your team or meet their family and pets and feel like you’re there with them.
Wherever you are in the world, open a browser, navigate to meet.sangoma.com and start your video chat! Invite co-workers or family to your video conference by sharing a simple meeting link via email, text, Whatsapp or however you want Chat with everyone or Direct Message a specific participant using emojis while on a video call Invite people with audio-only phone support
Create a calendar meeting invitation, just like you would normally do, and have your Sangoma Meet invitation details automatically created, including meeting link and a list of worldwide phone numbers for attendees to use. A handy Google Chrome Browser plugin helps make video conferencing easier too.
- Sangoma Meet is also a screen-sharing service too! Communicate more efficiently as you collaborate on projects or ideas. Start a video call or a screen-share and switch with a click of a button
- Sangoma Meet works great with iOS and Android phones and tablets too. Just search for Sangoma Meet from the Apple Store or Google Play Store and download the free app.
- With the mobile app, you get similar features as if you were on a desktop computer, and you can even ip your screen to show everyone what you are seeing to share the experience together.
is also highly secure, fully encrypting password-protected video conferences to avoid problems with unauthorised users hacking into a video meeting, and Sangoma will not rent or sell Sangoma Meet user information to any third parties, including any social networks. It can also be used as a stand-alone service or in conjunction with its Unified Communication Business Phone Systems.